Manchester United Football Club Blog: 'Next Essien' in Fergie and Wenger come and get me plea

Monday 28 September 2009

'Next Essien' in Fergie and Wenger come and get me plea


Rosenborg midfielder Anthony Annan has issued a come and get me plea to Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. 

The 23-year-old Ghanaian midfielder has drawn comparisons to international team mate, Michael Essien, and is set to partner the Chelsea midfielder at the heart of the Black Stars midfield in the African Nations Cup and World Cup in South Africa next summer.


Annan invited the Red Devils and Gunners to show an interest in his services after being compared to Michael Essien. He told Sky Sports:
"He has everything, class, power, touch, stamina, what a player, to compare him to me? People are crazy. I learn a lot alongside him, he is simply awesome.

"To me, to be followed by Arsenal and Man United, they are two great teams. I just won the league here let me enjoy it and we will see in the future.

"I can't wait to represent Ghana in South Africa, but in January we need to go for the African Nations Cup."
Annan is touted as another great product of African football and is highly regarded among European clubs, having already had trials earlier in his career at Blackburn Rovers and Everton.


No comments:

Search This Blog