Manchester United Football Club Blog: Patricio linked with United move

Monday 28 September 2009

Patricio linked with United move


Sporting Lisbon goalkeeper Rui Patricio is the latest shot-stopper to be linked with a move to Manchester United, according to reports. 
The Red Devils are reportedly interested in a string of glove-men as potential replacements for 38-year-old Dutchmen Edwin van der Sar, who recently revealed that this season may be his last at Old Trafford, saying:
“I’ve said for a few years that it sometimes may be my last season.
“I wait each season to see how or where I stand, if everyone is happy and if I can get motivated.
“I know, because I always get older, it is increasingly likely that this will be my last season."
CSKA Moscow stopper Igor Andreev, Schalke custodian Manuel Neuer and Lazio youngster Fernando Muslera have already been linked with a move to Sir Alex Ferguson's side.
And, according to Record, 21-year-old Sporting goalkeeper Rui Patricio could be on his way to the Theatre of Dreams, following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani.
The 6ft 2in guardian has made 50 league appearances for the Lisbon giants, but has yet to make his international debut for Portugal despite being named in the national squad for the 2008 European Championships.

No comments:

Search This Blog