Manchester United Football Club Blog: Rooney: 'Our Greatest Challenge!'

Thursday 17 September 2009

Rooney: 'Our Greatest Challenge!'

With Carlos Tevez and Ronaldo gone, can you handle the pressure of being Manchester United’s goalscorer?
I hope I can be the main man. It’s probably the best start I have ever had to a season, goalscoring-wise.

Is this season going to be tough without both Carlos and Cristiano, though?
I’m not too sure. We haven’t played as well as we can do, but we’ve still got good results. That is the main thing.

So, is this season the biggest challenge of your career so far?
I think so, yes. With Cristiano and Carlos leaving, we see it as a big challenge to retain the title for a fourth time in a row and, personally, I want to score more goals. I should be scoring more goals.

You don’t seem to drop as deep as you used to…
I’ve been shouted at a few times for doing that too much, that’s why! I’ve tried to cut that out a bit.

You’re calmer these days, too. Is that down to being married?
I don’t know about that! I’m trying to mature on the pitch, and sometimes I get frustrated – but I am trying to channel it in different ways.

So, does Coleen bollock you if you misbehave on the pitch?
No. We don’t really talk about football!

No comments:

Search This Blog